A payment gateway is a service that allows you to accept credit card payments securely online through your store. Create A Shoppe works with many different payment gateways. In addition to payment gateways Create A Shoppe allows COD, money order, cash on delivery, free checkout and more.
Install/Enable Payment Gateways and Methods
- From your admin go to Extensions => Payments
- Click install next to the payments you’d like to use
- Click Edit to configure the payment methods just installed
Editing a payment method
Editing payment methods in the administration for different transaction processors, like Paypal, will require a previously created account. The account and payment information should be obtained from these companies prior to editing the payment method in the administration. You will need to create an account with these companies to use their transaction processing with Create A Shoppe The information required for each payment method will be displayed in the Edit section. Across payment methods, there are a few details that are consistently asked for:
- Order Status: a default status of an order once the payment module has completed. Pending is considered one of the best default statuses because it gives the administrator some leeway to process the order.
- Status: Disables or enables the payment method.
- Sort Order: the position of the payment method in the store front when listed among all the available payment method
Payment method in the checkout
Enabling a payment method in the administration will make it available in the Checkout. In Step 5 of the checkout, the customer will be given a radio type selection to select their preferred payment method.
Payment method in order history
After the customer has confirmed the order, they can visit their Order History in their Account page to view its status. Immediately after checkout, the status will display the default order status you selected when editing the payment method details. In the screenshot below, you may chose “Pending” as the order status.